Welcome to myHomeVillage.com, a site to explore energy saving, home automation, and wellbeing applications. Home Automation is an extension to our senses to keep in touch with our home no matter distance. A home, with a computer, can be smart to improve our comfort and wellbeing, and save energy at the same time. MyHomeVillage consists of tools that we use to stay in touch with our distant homes, to interact in a virtual neighborhood collaborating and addressing common issues.
This site describes projects realized in collaboration with several other system integrators and users of My Open, a product of by Bticino-Legrandgroup. The project started in 2003 by rewiring a house to accommodate a modern family that likes to travel, and that will visit the home at different periods during the year. Automation was required to frequently open and close the house, to monitor the house remotely over the internet, keep the plants alive when the house is closed, and handle multimedia communication with service personal. Now the project is in an advanced stage where alternative energy is used to generate electricity, save energy, comfort, increase house safety and security, and monitor our wellbeing during our visits.
Our Smart Home focus on these areas:
- Docs are important to describe the installations for maintenance and operation. A user needs to familiarize with the technology and has to be able to program and troubleshoot its home. We are developing Smart Documents to describe and operate simultaneously a smart homes.
- My Open is a community using automation projects realized with My Home hardware infrastructure and using Open Web Net (OWN). A protocol used by Bticino since the year 2000 for home automation.
- Projects describes projects to optimize consumption, lower energy electric bill, measure user wellbeing. The energy hardware measures people motions, walking distance, temperature changes, and utility usage.
- Software. Applescript is a native application present in all Apple Computers for the last 20 years (since 1993). A user, with a Mac, is capable to write short scripts, to discover and control the installed hardware in the home. This site shares several applescript used daily in our home.
- Views. There several live webcams that serve as prealarms and weather informations outside the homes. A collection of images related to automations, implementation, and meetings.
- Wellbeing. All the house activities are translated into pulses that feed counters to monitor activity for a period up to two years. The activity can be seen hourly, daily, and monthly on a local display or remotely over the internet. We participate in Farseeing Europen Research.